4th Youth Volunteer Project for Learning Royal Initiatives
About The Youth Volunteer Project for Learning Royal Initiatives
is a program that aims to instill the concept of self-reliance and nurture creativity among the youth through the wisdom of Their Majesties the King and Queen of Thailand. Participants will learn from this project through the learning-by-doing method that will help to develop a volunteering spirit which is crucial to building a better society. Moreover, the project will also help to build and foster a network of energetic young generation with shared interests and values. Participants will learn the concept of self-reliance based on His Majesty’s Philosophy through hands-on experience which will lead to a better understanding of the Thai way of life under His Majesty’s graciousness and volunteering spirit. Participants of the project will be able to convey the benefits and happiness gained through the Royal Initiatives to both national and international audience. Enthusiastic youths from all regions of the country, Thai communities from abroad and international students undertaking Thai Studies programs are welcome to apply.
1. Learning the wisdom and working ethics of Their Majesties the King and Queen
2. Learning Thai traditions and culture and gaining unique experience living with heart-warming local Thai villagers
3. Acquiring applicable knowledge through hands-on experie
4. Exchanging experiences earned with other high spirited youths
5. Engaging in group activities with the local community
Participants : 50 Thai and foreign youth volunteers
– 40 Thai students studying in Thai Universities
– 10 Thai or Foreign students studying abroad and have some understanding of basic Thai language
Age between 18 – 23 years
1. Having a passion to help others and are open-minded to new experiences
2. Determined to be successful on their set tasks
3. Be able to participate in a full range program of 26 days
4. Be physically fit and healthy
5. understanding of basic Thai language
1. Download the application form and details Here
2. Required an Article (not exceeding one A4 page, font 16 pt.), a Video Clip (not exceeding 2 minutes) or a picture with written explanation (size 4×6) Title3. Submit your application with a passport size photograph and a required document (An Article, A Video Clip, A Picture) to:
Address : Information Division, Office of His Majesty’s Principal Private Secretary,
Na Phra Lan Road, The Grand Palace,
Phra Nakorn District,
Bangkok 10200. THAILAND
** Deadline for Registration : May 10, 2016
** The project will contact successful applications’ University/Institute to arrange for permission to participate in the Project, if the duration of stay overlaps participants’ study or exam timetables. **
ดาวน์โหลดแบบฟอร์ม PDF file
Tips for enjoying the Youth Volunteer Project!
In the past, Their Majesties the King and Queen of Thailand visited provinces all over this country in order to understand how the local Thai people lived. They have since developed many Royal Projects aimed at improving the lives of the people, teaching them the value of sustainability. We would like to invite you to explore these Projects and experience first-hand what makes Thai life so meaningful. Here are some tips to help make the most out of the Projects:
1. Be careful! The weather at Sakon Nakhon is hot and humid During the rainy season in June and July, the sun tends to be especially hot when it is out. Please keep that in mind.
2. Learn some basic Thai and English for listening and speaking Knowing some basic Thai will help when communicating with farmers and other locals.
3. Prepare appropriate clothing Please avoid wearing shorts and revealing outfits as well as all-white or all-black clothing in the Palace. Mid-length skirts are required for women who wish to enter the Palace.
4. Make use of phones and social media These tools can help you learn more about Thailand but be sure to use them responsibly.
5. Keep us informed Please let our staff know of any dietary needs or allergies. Do not forget to bring your prescribed medication if necessary.
6. Ask questions! If there is anything you do not understand be it the lesson, the culture, or anything else, please do not hesitate to ask our staff.
7. Keep an open mind and be prepared to learn! There are many new experiences to be had and challenges to overcome.