Creamy Thai Pesto Linguine [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
by Jess Hoffman | December 15, 2016
This creamy Thai pesto linguine is delicious comfort food at it’s best. This dish is made with chewy soft rice noodles, creamy thick coconut milk, and fragrant Thai basil pesto. It’s the perfect fusion of Thai and Italian.
Serves for 2
For the Pesto:
- 2 cups Thai basil, well-packed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pasta:
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai basil pesto
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- sliced green onion and sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a food processor, blend your Thai basil, avocado oil, raw cashews, garlic, lime, salt, and pepper until it forms a paste. Taste it and make adjustments for the flavor as you see fit.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl.
- Boil water and pour it on top of the noodles until they are covered and let them soak for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet and heat it on medium-high heat.
- Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat to medium-low and add the pesto. Mix it together with the coconut milk.
- Drain your rice noodles and add them to the pan. Mix them with the sauce until everything is combined.
- Add water, 2 tablespoons at a time if the noodles begin to stick to the pan.
- Taste the noodles and if they are not soft enough to your liking, simply add a bit more water and continue to cook them until they are the desired texture.
- Add the soy sauce and lime.
- Garnish the dish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS