Thailand short film competition 2018
Great news for all student filmmakers from all over the world to explore Thailand and compete to win the prize of over 300,000 Thai Bath and it’s all free!
– We need a team of 2 (non Thai) people.
– Both members must be currently studying film or a related field at undergraduate or equivalent level.
– Both members must not be more than 35 years old.
– Both members must not have won any prizes in our competition in any previous year.
– Both members must have a valid passport with six months remaining.
– Both members should be ready to make a great film and explore Thailand for a once in a life time experience.
– All contestants must be in good physical health, and have no existing or recurring serious medical conditions.
– All contestants will supply their own camera and editing equipment capable of filming at 1080p 24fps with audio.
*****All contestants are required to have basic English communications skills. Your applications and creative concepts must demonstrate these abilities.*****
if you meet these requirements please prepare documents below
1. Resume/ Profile of both members.
2. Copy passport of both members.
3. A treatment for your concept of video you want to make “NOT SCRIPT” (Font CORDIA NEW 18, Save as PDF)
4. A link to Youtube clip. Where you introduce your team to the judges and explain why your team should be selected to join this competition. (Max 2 minutes)
5. VDO presentation about the video you want to make. It can be a compilation or references, a storyboard or any visual that you want to show the judges how would your movie be.
6. A copy of your Student ID, or letter from your college/ university (with your signature), showing that you are currently engaged in a course of study related to film, television, or other media-related subject. (MUST BE IN ENGLISH)
7. Current photo of both members. (Straight photo for badge)
Please prepare these documents and be ready!
We’ll make another announcement as soon as our website is ready
The Thailand Film Office, under the Thailand Department of Tourism is responsible for promoting, regulating and supporting international film productions in Thailand. Films such as ‘Hangover II’, ‘Tomorrow Never Dies’, ‘Only God Forgives’, ‘The Railway Man’ and many others have filmed in the Kingdom of Thailand.
History of the Thailand Short Film Competition
The competition is now in its sixth year. In total, over 200 aspiring film-makers have joined the competition, from over 30 different countries. Check out the Facebook page or YouTube to see some of the great films and incredible experiences that contestants have enjoyed.
We are looking for film-makers in pairs. You must have a partner who you trust absolutely. You must be engaged in a full-time course of study related to film or the media at undergraduate or equivalent level. You must be under 35 years of age. You must not have a criminal record, or have ever been turned down for a visa to Thailand. You must have access to a DSLR or digital cinema camera producing footage at 1080p resolution. You must have access to a laptop or other mobile computer with editing software. You must be available to join the mission from 9th July to 17th July 2018.
The Thailand Film Office will provide…
One return air ticket to Thailand for every film-maker.
To make a short film exploring “Thailand through the eyes of foreigner (Way of Life/Culture/Tourism)”. We are looking for a fresh approach, using imagination, dramatic technique, and creative vision. You will have to find locations, actors, and use your talent to show your perspective on Thailand within the context of the region you have chosen. The character of your region may be found in unique geographical features, the culture, the people, the food, or the local products.
If you succeed…
The winning team will receive 300,000 Thai Baht, and there are eight runner up prizes of 30,000 Baht each.
9th May – 15th June – Open for Entry
Participants may have to depart their home countries as early as the 6th July, and may return home as late as the 20th July, depending on their home country. All teams MUST be available for this entire period. If applicants are required to obtain a visa, they may need to be available during the week beforehand to complete visa requirements in their own country.
1. Applicants must apply in teams of two.
2. Applicants must not be more than 35 years old.
3. Applicants must be engaged in a full-time course of study in film, television or related media subject at undergraduate or equivalent level. They will be required to prove this at time of application.
4. All contestants must have a valid passport with six months remaining. They must not have a criminal record. They must not ever have been denied entry to Thailand. If for any reason, a contestant is denied a visa for entry to Thailand, his/her team will not be eligible to compete.
5. All contestants must be in good physical health, and have no existing or recurring serious medical conditions.
6. All contestants must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
7. Contestants will supply their own camera and editing equipment capable of filming at 1080p 24fps with audio.
Theme of the short film
Each film should be based on 1 of the 37 provinces presented by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports. Please note that contestants must base their short films on one of the thirty seven provinces but are not allowed to feature more than one province in their films. It is highly advisable that contestants familiarize themselves with the location of their films subject matter, prior to traveling to Thailand.
Description of the Short Film
WHAT RESOURCES ARE GIVEN TO THE FILM-MAKERS?
1. Each team will get two economy air tickets from their home country to Thailand. No stop-overs are permitted, and return ticket dates and destinations cannot be changed.
There will be eight runner-up prizes of 30,000 Thai Baht awarded to the outstanding film in each of the eight location groups.