Current situation regarding the novel Coronavirus 2019 outbreak
Press Release : Current situation regarding the novel Coronavirus 2019 outbreak | Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Currently, there has been much confusion and misperception regarding the novel Coronavirus outbreak. Some unfounded and unsubstantiated information propagated by various individuals has created many unfortunate incidents involving foreign nationals. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to offer the following points with a view to establishing better understanding about the overall situation:
1. The Royal Thai Government has adhered to and has abided by the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. WHO has never issued a travel ban on any country or region because it has deemed that such action would not be helpful and would not have prevented the spread of the virus.
2. Thailand has been named as one of the top ten countries with the best health security. Therefore, the country is well equipped to handle this latest Coronavirus infection as we have successfully done during the outbreaks of SARS and MERS.
3. The Thai Government has been active in the international networks of infectious diseases in which countries share their experience and best practices on this human health issue. Thailand is in the forefront of, and plays an integral part in, the international efforts advocated to establish the most effective preventive and treatment measures to the problems.
4. Thailand has an excellent track record regarding our effectiveness and efficiency in the previous rounds of infectious disease outbreaks. This has not changed with the Coronavirus.
5. Thailand is fully prepared to stand together with our neighbours and the international community to fight the spread of the Coronavirus, not only by providing moral support, but also sharing our best practices on this matter so that every nation is better equipped for future outbreaks.
6. The Government would like to urge the Thai people to remain mindful and vigilant in the face of the outbreak, and always keep an open mind. No one people, nor one country, can stand alone. We all share the same fate, and we all are in it together. To successfully curb the spread of the 2019 novel Coronavirus, every country needs to actively cooperate and work side-by-side. The Thai people and Government stand by the affected countries in ASEAN, ASEAN+3, and the international community. We also wish those infected a speedy recovery. We thank all foreigners who continue to visit Thailand which shows their confidence in our measures in tackling the 2019 Coronavirus.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
February 10, 2020
Source of information
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) News Release Report on March 10, 2020
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) News Release Report on March 09, 2020
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) News Release Report on March 08, 2020
U.S. Department of State | Travel.State.Gov
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for U.S. Travel
The World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
Website you can find information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Please visit this page for daily updates.