Visa and Certificate of Entry for Diplomatic/Officials/International Organization Representatives and their family members
(As of September 22, 2020)
Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organizations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children
***Please always check with the Embassy’s website, if there are any further updates or changes in procedure ***
1. At least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, the applicant must fill in the information and upload all required documents online here
2. The Embassy will forward the application and information to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok for approval.
3. Once approved, the Ministry will send the Certificate of Entry (COE) to the Applicant’s Embassy or the International Organization. The applicant must contact the U.S. Embassy or IO directly to receive the COE.
4. If the applicant does not have a valid visa, the applicant must submit the following original documents directly to the Embassy / Consulates-General to request the issuance of an appropriate Visa (if required)
(Please note that the Embassy will be authorized to issue Visa only when received approval from the Ministry)
4.1 An official Note issued by the Department of State or International organization.
(Please note that only an official note from DOS is applicable during this time. A note from DOD or other U.S. agencies will not be applicable.)
4.2 Declaration Form (Download)
4.3 A letter from the DOS / International Organization affirming that the Embassy/International Organization responsible for healthcare or medical treatment expenses including COVID-19.
4.5 other required documents that the applicant submitted through an online application.
4.6 Self-addressed return envelope
*** Please also note that
Diplomat/Official/UNLP passport holders who wish to change the flight or ASQ and need a new COE should contact the Applicant’s Embassy or the International Organization in Thailand directly so that the relevant agencies could contact MFA and request the new COE ***
5. At the departure airport, the approved applicant is required to present
5.1 A “Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand” and
5.2 A “Fit to Fly Health Certificate” issued no more than 72 hours before departure
5.3 A Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, issued no more than 72 hours before departure
**Every passenger who wishes to enter Thailand shall comply with Disease Prevention Measures for the Persons Entering the Kingdom to Prevent the Spread of the COVID-19 Disease Annexed to the Order of the Centre for the Administration of the Situation due to the Outbreak of the Communicable Disease Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) No. 7/2563 Issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020)**