Information for Diplomat/Official passport holders who will travel with the U.S. Embassy’s charter flight.

For those who will depart from the U.S. to Thailand by the U.S. Embassy’s charter flight, please contact the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok directly. You may not need to fill in an online application.

1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand will issue COEs and send them to the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok directly.

(Please be informed that the Royal Thai Embassy is not authorized to issue a Certificate of Entry (COE) for Diplomat/Official passport holders.) 

2. For those who received COEs and does not have a valid visa, please submit the following original documents directly to the Embassy by mail to:

“Consular Section, Royal Thai Embassy
Attn: Visa section (U.S. Embassy’s charter flight)
2300 Kalorama Road N.W.,
Washington, D.C.

*** The Embassy will not accept any in-person applications ***
**** The Royal Thai Embassy in Washington D.C. will facilitate visa requests for those who will depart for Thailand by U.S. Embassy’s charter flight (Please refrain from sending passports and applications to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in LA, Chicago, and NY) ****

3. The required documents are 

3.1 Passport

3.2 Two passport-size photographs (2″x 2″)

3.3 Visa application form (Download)

3.4 An official Note issued by the Department of State.

(Please note that only an official note from DOS is applicable during this time. A note from DOD or other U.S. agencies will not be applicable.)

3.5 Return envelope to the applicant’s address