Procedures for Non-Thai nationals who wish to obtain a Non-Immigrant Category O (retirement)
Procedures for Non-Thai nationals who wish to obtain
a Non-Immigrant Category O (retirement)
Procedures for Non-Thai nationals who wish to obtain a Non-Immigrant Category O (retirement) visa
1. If the applicant does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and upload all required documents online at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ (Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable)
For instructions, please check https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf
2. Required documents to upload in the system
2.2 Two passport-size photographs (2″x 2″)
2.3 Declaration form (download from the E-visa website, see page 32 in the Manual here) with a signature of the applicant (E-signature accepted).
2.4 Proof of flight confirmation/reservation, indicating the trip from US to Thailand.
2.5 The last 3 months bank statement that indicate the applicant’s name and have an ending balance of no less than $10,000.
2.6 Applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
– Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
– Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB
The applicants must submit the following:
- Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:
(a) In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies;
(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org
- Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form