Procedures for Non-Thai nationals who wish to obtain long stay visa (Non-Immigrant Category O-A)
Procedures for Non-Thai nationals who wish to obtain
long-stay visa (Non-Immigrant Category O-A)
1. If the applicant does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and upload all required documents online at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ (Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable)
For instructions, please check https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf
2. Required documents to upload in the system
2.1 Passport Biodata Page (Must be valid within 6 months from travel date).
2.2 Photograph of the applicant 2”x2”, taken within the past six months.
2.3 Proof of flight confirmation/reservation, indicating the trip from US to Thailand
2.4 Green card (if the applicant is a Non-U.S. citizen)
2.5 Addition Application form (Download)
2.6 Evidence of adequate finance:
O-A visa: US or Thai bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht. In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required
2.7 Criminal record (Letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification have to valid for not more than three months and must be issued from a state or Federal Bureau of Investigation only. Online criminal record without authorize signature is unacceptable)
2.8 Medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) certificate shall be valid for not more than three months (Download)
2.9 Additional health insurance requirement for Non-Immigrant O-A / O-X (Long Stay)
- Effective from 1 October 2021, the applicant must be insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
– Health insurance must cover Covid-19 disease with the total sum insured of no less than 3,000,000 THB or $100,000 per policy year
The applicants must submit the following:
- Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:
(a) In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the insurance policy document;
(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit the insurance policy document. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org
- Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed, and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form. Please contact your insurance company since this Foreign Insurance Certificate is mandatory.