Visa and Thailand Pass procedures for Non-Thai nationals wishing to obtain Special Tourist Visa (STV)

Special Tourist Visa (STV)

(Special Tourist Visa (STV) will be in effect until 30 September 2022)

The following conditions are for applicants who wish to apply for a Special Tourist Visa (STV)

  • STV is valid for a single entry into Thailand for long-term tourism purposes only.
  • STV is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Travelers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry. STV may be extended twice while the visitor is in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days per each extension.
  • STV cannot be changed to any other type of visa during the duration of stay in Thailand.
  • If the STV holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.

1. If the applicant does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit, the applicant must request a visa, at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel, by filling in the information and upload all required documents online at (Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable)

For instructions, please check

2. Required documents to upload in the system:

2.1 Passport with at least two empty pages and validity not less than 12 months from the date of planned entry to Thailand

2.2 Two passport-size photographs (2″x 2″)

2.3 Declaration form (download from the E-visa website, see page 32 in the Manual here) with a signature of the applicant (E-signature accepted)

2.4 Proof of flight confirmation/reservation, indicating the trip from the US to Thailand

2.5 Copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person and $1,500 per family).  The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly), In case of submitting a family bank statement, proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.

2.6 Proof of residency in the United States (For example, Green card, valid work visa in the U.S.) if the applicant is not a U.S. citizen.

2.7 Criminal record (Letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification has to valid for not more than three months and must be issued from a state or Federal Bureau of Investigation only. Online criminal record without an authorized signature is unacceptable)

2.8 Additional health insurance requirement for STV visa

  • The applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
    – Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
    – Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than  400,000 THB

The applicants must submit the following:

  • Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed, and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form

(To purchase insurance from a Thai insurer approved by the Office of Insurance Commission of Thailand:

2.9 A Medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases. The certificate shall be valid for no more than three months as indicated in Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).  (Click here to download the form)

2.10 Evidence of long-stay accommodation: either

  • A fully paid hotel reservation in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand (after quarantine). The reservation must be issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay, and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number;
  • A fully-paid residential lease in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand (after quarantine). The lease must be issued by the lessor showing the duration of stay, and the lessor’s contact details and tax ID number;
  • A hire-purchase or mortgage agreement of immovable propertyOR
  • Condominium title deed;

 ***Additional Documents***

For non-US citizens
– a copy of the permanent resident alien card or a copy of valid US visa
–  a letter proof of employment ( **we don’t accept pay stubs**) or a letter proof of full-time student status. For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.

For dependent (only apply for a minor under 20 years old), please provide the following documents
– Copy of a birth certificate
– Copy of marriage certificate, In case of sole custody notarized copy of the court order, must be provided.
– Copy of passports or ID of mother and father/ legal guardian
– Original letter of notarized consent for the minor to travel abroad from mother and father/ legal guardian
***All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations and certified by an embassy only ***