Updated regulations to enter Thailand and procedures of the quarantine, effective from 1 April 2021
Updated regulations on entering Thailand and quarantine period, effective from 1 April 2021
- From 1 April 2021, quarantine periods for travelers entering Thailand from the United States are as follows:
1.1 Quarantine period for travelers without vaccine certificate is reduced from 14 days to 10 days.
1.2 Travelers with vaccine certificate with the following conditions may be eligible for no less than 7-day quarantine:
1.2.1 Travelers vaccinated with the list of vaccine approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand as follows: (as of 31 March 2021)
(2) AstraZeneca / Oxford
(3) SK BIOSCIENCE AstraZeneca / Oxford
(4) Pfizer / BioNTech
(5) Covishield (Serum Institute of India)
(6) Janssen – Johnson & Johnson
1.2.2 Travelers must be vaccinated for more than 14 days before the traveling date
1.2.3 Travelers must present the vaccine certificate (either the original copy or a printed copy) at the port of arrival.
The quarantine period will be determined by the Health Control officers upon arriving in Thailand.
- For Thai nationals, both Fit to Fly certificate and a COVID-19 test result are
no longer required to travel to Thailand (airlines and airport authorities may require passengers to present a COVID-19 test result, please check with airlines before departure). However, the Certificate of Entry (COE) is still required. Those who plan to quarantine at an ASQ need to submit ASQ reservation during COE application. (For more information on ASQ, please visit https://thaiembdc.org/asq/)
- For non-Thai nationals, Fit to Fly certificate is no longer required. However,
1) a medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, issued no more than 72 hours before departure,
2) a medical insurance with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD covering COVID-19 treatment in Thailand, and 3) the COE are still required.
For further information, please contact the Embassy through email@example.com or telephone numbers 202-640-5897 and 202-431-0882.