Media registration for APEC
Thailand will host the 29th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting and Related Meetings during 14 – 19 November 2022 at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre (QSNCC), Bangkok, Thailand.
Media representatives interested in covering the said meetings are advised to register according to the following guidelines:
- Registration: Registration must me done online by sending an application via email to email@example.com only. The registration email must contain the following information;
– First name and surname
– Email address
– Media organization
– Letter confirming employment by your media organization (on your organization’s letterhead)
- Once an application email was approved, the APEC Thailand Secretariat team will contact a media applicant by e-mail for provide access to complete your registration through the APEC 2022 Media Portal.
- Online media registration is open until 31 October 2022 (23.59 hrs.- Bangkok Time)
- Full details of the media accreditation, collection of media badges and other media arrangements can be found at http://www.apec2022.go.th/media-kit/
- Unregistered media representatives will not be permitted to enter the meeting premises and the Media Center.
- Upon completion of registration, foreign media representatives residing outside Thailand are required to apply for appropriate visas before entering the country. Please present proof of complete registration along with other required documents at the Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulate-General for visa application.
- Further details will be made available and updated on www.apec2022.go.th
- Further inquiries can be directed to;
Press Division, Department of Information,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
Tel. (+66) 2203 5000 ext. 22004, 22026
Fax. (+66) 2643 5101
Official Media Arrangements
at the 29th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting and Related Meetings
14-19 November 2022, Bangkok, Thailand
I. Official Media Accreditation
- Official Media registration is open until 31 October 2022,
- Official media are defined as the photographers and cameramen attached to the official delegation e.g. Office of the Prime Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Official media should apply as media following the instruction on APEC 2022 Media Kit (http://www.apec2022.go.th/media-kit/) till 31 October 2022.
- Official media should submit the required documents in their online application forms.
- Successful applicants will receive an approved status which can be used for visa applications.
- Apart from online registration, the Department of Information also requires a list of official media delegation from each participating economy through diplomatic channels including the equipment list (in case equipment is brought from abroad).
- Official media’s badges, media kits, and armbands will be distributed by a Media Liaison Officer (MLO) designated to each participating economy.
- A media program will be made a available and updated on Thailand’s APEC2022 website (www.apec2022.go.th) and the APEC2022 Media Handbook.
II. Visa Application
- Upon completion of registration, official media residing outside Thailand are required to apply for appropriate visas before entering the country. The media registration confirmation email should be printed and submitted along with other required documents at the Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General for visa application.
III. Airports Facilitation
- The Department of Information will facilitate media coverage at airports upon arrival and departure of the Heads of Delegation attending the APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting and Related Meetings.
- In case where the official media is not traveling with the Heads of Delegation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will coordinate with relevant agencies to facilitate equipment customs clearance and other related arrival/departure procedures.
- Flight information as well as details on media equipment should be provided to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as soon as possible.
IV. The Media Center
- Details of the hours of operation of the Media Centre will be made available on www.apec2022.go.th.
- Photos and VDO clips of the relevant meetings and functions will be provided to official media and all media to download accordingly.
- Computers, printers, photocopiers, and WiFi will be provided.
- Meals and refreshment will be provided to the registered accredited members of the media at the Media Center
- For more information and any inquiries, please contact the Press Division, Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand at Tel: (+66) (0) 2203 5000 ext. 22004 Fax: (+66) (0) 2643 5102 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For specific inquiries, please contact the followings:
|Media Center||Mr. Natapanu Nopakun
Mr. Thanawat Sirikul
|Deputy Director-General and Deputy Spokesperson
|(+66) (0) 638306618
(+66) (0) 993615495
|Media Opportunities and Programme||Ms. Tachaphorn Suntrajarn
Mr. Panote Preechyanud
|(+66) (0) 965395595
(+66) (0) 935293591
|Press Conference||Mrs. Maratee Nalita Andamo||Director||(+66) (0) 955676097||Maratee.email@example.com|
|Media Accreditation||Mr. Peerapat Boonsrirot
Mr. Panu Chaisriha
|(+66) (0) 838287570
(+66) (0) 890327078
|Head of Media Liaison||Ms. Sirindara Atthakor
Ms. Chaowanee Tangwongprasert
|(+66) (0) 891222475
(+66) (0) 897704740