Tourist Visa “TR” Single entry
Purpose of Visit: This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes.
1. Actual Passport or Travel Document
Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page
2. Original visa application form completely filled out (Download)
black and blue ink only
3. Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″)
The photo must show full face of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders .Photos must be taken within 6 months.
4. Copy of flight confirmation/reservation
showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
5. Copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person and $1,500 per family)
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly) , In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
6. For non-US citizen
– a copy of permanent resident alien card or a copy of valid US visa
– a letter proof of employment ( **we don’t accept pay stubs**) or a letter proof of full-time student status. For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.
7. For minor under 20 years old, please provide following documents
– Copy of a birth certificate
– Copy of marriage certificate , In case of sole custody notarized copy of court order must be provided.
– Copy of passports or ID of mother and father/ legal guardian
– Original letter of notarized consent for the minor to travel abroad from mother and father/ legal guardian
***All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations and certified by an embassy only ***
8. For Nigerian nationalities and passport holders
A Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria and Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria
|Processing time :
In person 5 business days
|Visa Processing Fee: money order 40 USD
|Period of stay: not exceeding 60 days
|Validity of a visa: 3 months
A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance. Do not apply for the visa too early. If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply. The fee is not refundable
|In person : between 9am.-12pm.|
| By mail : include self-addressed return envelope , USPS (US Postal Service) Express Mail
except nationalities and passport holders of the following 13 countries: Nigeria, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ghana, Liberia, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Sudan. Applicants from the listed countries must apply in person only, and present original resident alien card or US visa
***The Royal Thai Embassy does not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss***
Royal Thai Embassy Consular Section,
2300 Kalorama Rd., N.W. Washington,D.C 20008-1623
Tel. (202)640-5897/(202)684-8493/(202) 640-1439/(202) 640-5658
Fax. (202) 459-9536
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please note: Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.
*** The fee is not refundable in any cases***