Non – Immigrant Visa (ED) (Education)

Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians. 


How to apply online e-visa application

The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
1) complete the Online e-Visa Application “Click here”; and
2) upload the following documents in PDF format :  

1.  Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″ – JPEG format)
Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
Photos must be taken within 6 months. (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted).

2.  A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months)

3.  A copy of flight confirmation/ reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)

4.   A copy of recent bank statement  ($700 per person or $1,500 per family)
(The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly),
In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship.
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.

5.   A letter confirming the student’s status or admission of the student.

6.   Original letter of acceptance from the concerned schools/ universities or institutes in Thailand.
If you would like to get a multiple entry visa, we require that schools/ universities have to provide
details in an invitation letter.

7.  Original letter from the schools/ universities or institutes in USA stating that applicants are
visiting Thailand for education purposes.

8.  For minor under 20 years old, please provide following documents

– Notarized 
copy of a birth certificate.
            – Notarized copy of marriage certificate, In case of sole custody notarized copy of court order must be provided.
            – Notarized copy or original passports or ID of mother and father/ legal guardian.
            – Original letter of notarized consent for the minor to travel abroad from mother and father/ legal guardian.

9.   For non-US citizen, a copy of permanent resident card or a copy of valid US visa with
a letter proof of study.

Additional information on the other required document, please click here.

Please note : Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.

Processing time : minimum 15 business days

Fee   – $80    for single entry (3 months)
– $200  for multiple entries  (1 year)

To remind : Your visa request may be denied when:
(1) upload unprepared documents and photo;
(2) information uploaded does not meet requirement; and
(3) applying for wrong visa.
(4) input incorrect information
(5) applying from outside consulate’s jurisdiction