Non-Thai nationals who wish to enter Thailand for media production or filming.
Step 1 – Online e-Visa Application
The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
1) complete the Online e-Visa Application “Click here”; and
2) upload the following documents in PDF format :
1. Two passport-size photographs (2″x2″ – JPEG format)
Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
Photos must be taken within 6 months. (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted).
2. A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months)
3. A copy of flight confirmation/ reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
4. A copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person or $1,500 per family)
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly),
In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship.
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. Film – A permission letter by the Thailand Film Office, Department of Tourism,
Ministry of Tourism and Sports of Thailand.
Reference letter issued from the coordinating agency in Thailand.
Additional information on the other required document, please click here.
6. Media / Press – Information for Foreign Press – please click here
7. For non-US citizen, a copy of permanent resident card or a copy of valid US visa with
a letter proof of employment.
8. Hotel bookings or accommodation arrangements.
Please note : Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days
Fee – $80 for single entry (3 months)
– $200 for multiple entries (1 year)