Due to the large number of travelers requesting a COE,
please be informed that the estimated time for the pre-approval process is around 3-7 days and a COE will be issued within 3-7 days after you submit all required documents and provide all relevant information.
As a result, please kindly note that the whole process could take up to 15 days.
Eligible travellers (both Thais and non-Thais are eligible)
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the Food and Drug Administration of Thailand (FDA), or approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Public Health of Thailand no less than 14 days before departure. Travelers must show a Certificate of Vaccination issued by a government authority.
- The following vaccines are accepted
- CoronaVac by Sinovac (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by AstraZeneca (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by SK BIOSCIENCE (Korea) (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by Siam Bioscience (2 doses needed)
- AstraZeneca by Serum Institute of India (2 doses needed)
- Janssen by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (1 dose needed)
- Pfizer-BioNTECH COVID-19 vaccine by Pfizer Inc. (2 doses needed)
- Moderna by Modrena Inc. (2 doses needed)
- COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. (2 doses needed)
- The vaccine certificate/card must be issued by a government authority either in digital or paper format (documents issued by private entities will not be accepted). The vaccine certificate must contain the following information:
– The travellers’ personal details, including name, date of birth, nationality and passport number.
– Vaccination information, including dates of vaccination (the last dose must be administered no less than 14 days before travelling), name and lot/batch number of the vaccine.
- A combination of different vaccines is accepted provided that the period between the 1st and 2nd dose was in accordance with the period set by the manufacture of the first dose.
- Children under the age of 18, travelling with parents, are eligible without proof of vaccination.
- Must come from countries considered as low/medium-risk areas by the Thai Government. (the U.S. is included)
- Must have health insurance that covers treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
- Travellers must enter Thailand via Samui International Airport directly. Flight transfer from Bangkok to Samui is permitted, subject to certain conditions. Travellers are advised to contact their airlines directly to ensure that their luggage is checked through to Koh Samui.
Days 1-7: stay at hotel certified as “Samui Extra+“. For a list of Samui Extra+ facilities, CLICK HERE.
Days 8-14: stay at hotel certified as “SHA+” in Koh Samui. For a list of SHA+ facilities, visit https://www.thailandsha.com or https://www.shathailand.com/kohsamui
– Confirmation of “SHA+” hotel booking must be issued under the SHABA system (SHA Plus Booking Authentication system). Please contact your hotel directly to ask for the SHABA Certificate. Booking confirmation through agents will not be accepted.
– Confirmation of pre-paid accommodation at Samui Extra+ and SHA+ is needed for a total of 14 days, unless travellers have proof of return tickets leaving Phuket (to another country) before 14 days.
- COVID-19 tests
Travellers must present RT-PCR negative test results issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
– Upon entry, travellers will have to undergo three tests at different times, at the traveller’s own expenses. The first test will be done upon arrival; travellers will be allowed outside of their hotel rooms only upon confirmation of negative result of the first test. The second test will be carried out on 6th or 7th day, and the third test on 12th or 13th day.
– Children under the age of 6 are allowed to undergo the sliva-sampled test.
– To apply for COE, travellers must submit evidence of pre-payment for the required RT-PCR tests (please contact the hotel directly to inquire)
- Permitted movements within Koh Samui & nearby islands
Days 1-3 (hotel-based): upon receiving a negative results of the first RT-PCR test, travellers may leave their hotel room but are required to stay within the premises of the hotel.
Days 4-7 (sealed route): travellers are allowed to travel within specified routes/travel programmes on Koh Samui. Traveller must undergo second RT-PCR test on 6th or 7th day.
Days 8-14 (relaxed): upon receiving negative results of the second RT-PCR test, travellers may travel within Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
- Journey-tracing application
Travellers must install and use journey-tracing application (turn on GPS) as prescribed by the Thai Government
- Upon leaving Koh Samui to other parts of Thailand after 14 days, travellers must provide proof of 14 days of stay in Koh Samui/Khon Phangan/Koh Tao and three RT-PCR test results.
How to apply for COE
Travellers under the “Samui Plus” programme must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE), like all other travellers, via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
Please choose option “Sandbox Programme”, and then select “Samui” as Sandbox destination when completing the “travel details” column.
Disclaimer: the above information is subject to change without prior notice.