Bidding Announcement of the Embassy’s car
The Royal Thai Embassy wishes to announce the auction of two Embassy’s vehicles as follows:
|1||Mercedes Benz S550 V4 (Ambassador’s car)||2008||Black||Automatic||76,300||USD 20,000|
|2||Lincoln Town Car Cartier||2002||Black||Automatic||129,300||USD 5,000|
Procedures and conditions:
1. By tender. Conditions of vehicles as they are at present. Interesting party can inspect the vehicles at the Royal Thai Embassy, 1024 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington DC 20007 from now until 3 February 2017 during business days from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. It is the responsibility of bidders to thoroughly inspect vehicles and satisfied oneself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. Therefore, it is assumed that bidders are satisfied and accept the present condition of vehicles without any arguments, and the Embassy assumes no responsibility for any changes or repairs to the vehicle.
2. Interesting party must fill in the Tender Submission Form, one from per vehicle, put in an envelope, then sealed and send the envelope to the relevant committee.
3. Interesting party must send the above-mentioned envelope, by post or by hand, to “Committee on Bidding Affairs, Royal Thai Embassy, 1024 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington DC 20007”, mentioning bidder’s name, address, telephone/mobile number or email address on the upper left corner of the envelope, within Friday 3 February 2017 at 4 p.m. Submission via fax or revelation of bidding amount to any officer or staff working in the Embassy is strictly prohibited. In case of postal mail, date stamped on the envelope by any post office on 3 February 2017, or before, is considered valid for bidding. All enveloped received will be retained in a security box in the Embassy’s premise until the bidding day.
4. In case of tender for two vehicles by one interesting party, Tender Submission Form must be submitted separately, one form per vehicle. Those submitted which do not comply to this particular instruction are considered invalid, and counted out.
5. The Committee will open the security box, bring all envelopes for evaluation, and open them on Wednesday 8 February 2017 from 4 p.m. onward, at ground floor meeting room of the Embassy.
6. The Committee will consider the highest and acceptable bidding amount, which must not be less than minimum offer set by the Committee, to be the winner. Once declared a winning bidder, he/she shall be notified and requested by the Committee to immediately pay a 40 percent of the winning bid as non-refundable deposit, in cashier’s check payable to “Royal Thai Embassy” within 3 working days. A receipt will be issued by the Embassy, and the Embassy will start the process of issuing the vehicle’s title. The remaining balance shall be paid in full amount within 10 working days upon the receipt of the title issued by the Department of State. If the balance were not settled within the due date, the Embassy will assume that the bidder renounces his/her own right and the non-refundable deposit be confiscated. A new auction will be announced accordingly. The winning bidder can pick up the vehicle(s) after the transfer of ownership is completed. Besides, any expenses and fees incurred on transfer of ownership will be borne by the winning bidder.
For further inquiries, please contact Mrs. Varissa Cashion at (202) 9443600 Ext.818.
Announcement PDF file and bidding form