Thai E-Passport


 Instruction for Obtaining an E-Passport (ภาษาไทย)
  • Due to the COVID-19 situation, the applicant must make an appointment online before coming in person at the consular office, Royal Thai Embassy, Washington D.C., or at the Mobile Consular Units due to the biological data must be collected (photo and fingerprints)
Required Documents to be submitted

Adults (20 years old and above)

  • E-Passport Application Form (which can be filled out in the Passport Appointment system.) Click here to make an appointment. 
  • Your current passport or local police report in case of lost or stolen passport.
  • A valid original Thai Citizenship ID card
  • Thai House Registration with a 13-digit identification number (if applicable)

*If an applicant is assigned to the Central Registration, he/she must contact District Office in Thailand.

  • (For the 5 year E-passport) Fees $US 37.00 payment by Money Order or Cashier’s Check made payable to Royal Thai Embassy (No cash, Personal Checks, and credit cards).
  • (For the 10 year E-passport) Fees $US 55.00 payment by Money Order or Cashier’s Check made payable to Royal Thai Embassy (No cash, Personal Checks, and credit cards).
Additional Documents for Minors (under 20 years old)
  • Thai Birth Certificate
  • Thai House Registration that the minor has been added and assigned a 13-digit identification number (this is exempted for the first passport)
  • Thai Citizenship ID card (for minors 7 years and older)
  • Marriage certificate of parents 
  • Consent form for minors under 15 years old [Download]
  • Consent form for minors over 15 years old [Download]

*Parents must sign a consent form in person with the officer, or they must provide a “Power of Attorney and Consent” which was signed in front of a Notary Public to certify the signatures of the parents. In case the parents are in Thailand, both father and mother may acquire a “Letter of Consent for Minors’ passport” at the Department of  Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bangkok) or at District Officers (outside Bangkok)

*In case of the parents’ divorce, the person who gets sole custody will sign a consent form. Divorce Registration paper must be presented.

For an applicant who is a Government Official/ student under the supervision of the Civil Service Commission (CSC)

  • Letter from the Office of Civil Service Commission granting permission to continue studying in the U.S.

For an applicant who is a Buddist monk

  • Approval letter from the Sangha Supreme Council, Office of National Buddhism, and a photocopy
  • Identity Booklet for Buddhist monk
  • Thai House Registration

How to receive your passport

  • Applicant may collect his/her passport at Royal Thai Embassy, Washington D.C. or at the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bangkok
  • The applicants’ representative may collect a passport by showing a Power of Attorney together with the receipt and ID card of the representative.
  • Applicant may request Royal Thai Embassy to mail his/her passport by paying cash $29.00 at the Embassy.

***Please note that Royal Thai Embassy is not liable for any lost documents***

Processing time between 4-6 weeks

Contact Information

Consular Office, Royal Thai Embassy

2300 Kalorama Rd., N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20008

Tel. (202)640-5310

Fax: (202)459-9536


⇐ Online Appointment Page