Purpose of visit :
To travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to
the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country.
To participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.)
Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than 1 month,
Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them.
The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port,
station or area in the Kingdom.
Required documents :
1. Actual Passport or Travel Document.
(must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2. Passport-size photographs (2″x2″)
– Photographs must have a light color background.
– Full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
– Photos must be taken within 6 months.
3. Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)
4. Recent bank statement
– $700 per person and $1,500 per family
– The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.
– In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. Non-US citizen
– a copy of permanent resident card (green card); or
– a valid US visa with a letter proof of employment.
6. For self-employed, pls provided business license or business registration
indicating the applicant’s name.
7. For minor under 20 years old, please provide following documents :
– Notarized copy of a birth certificate; and
– Notarized copy of marriage certificate.
8. In case of sole custody notarized copy of court order must be provided :
– Notarized copy or original of mother and father/ legal guardian’s passports or ID; and
– Original letter of notarized consent from mother and father/ legal guardian for the minor to travel abroad.
9. Transit Visa Category “S”
– a letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities is requested.
10. Transit Visa Category “C”
– a letter from company stating the objective of the visit to Thailand is request.
11. For Nigerian nationalities and passport holders:
– Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA; and
– authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria; and
– authenticated by the Royal Thai Consulate in Abuja, Nigeria.
12. All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by
certified English translations and certified by an embassy only.
Apply e-Visa application online
Please registered at https://thaievisa.go.th – click here.
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant,
the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles will review the application.
Processing time : minimum 15 business days / expedited service is not available.
Visa Processing Fees : Single entry: $35
– the fee is not refundable in any cases.
Period of stay : not exceeding 30 days.
Extension of stay : click here
Change of certain type of visa : click here
Warning of overstay : click here
Validity of a visa : 3 months
– A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance.
– Do not apply for the visa too early.
– If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply.
Please note :
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.